Sunday, February 28, 2010

Proud to be Canadian!

Wow...today was such an exiting day especially for all the patriotic Canadians out there...the very last olympic game was the men's ice hockey Canada against United States...unfortunately I had to work today so I cudnt watch the whole game..all of my customers were glued to the t.v especially near the end lol...the score was 2-1 for the longest time and we all thought we had it..but as the time was running low the U.S. team managed to score at the last few seconds...which forced us to go to overtime...and during over time Sidney Crosby scored..which means victory for the Canadian team!!...Crosby is like the national hockey hero and especially at a very young age...that to me is amazing...to be young and to score the winning goal at the olympics for the gold medal?!?...its like every young children's dream to do dat!!...and I really hope that the youths r inspired by these amazing athletes...I'm very happy that these atheles represented Canada...I'm so proud of all of them..and I'm proud to be Canadian...Also Joannie Rochette's performance at the womens figure skating was unbelievable..I'm so proud of her...I can't imagine what she mustve went through during the hard times when her mom had passed away a few days before her competition...I'm so happy & so proud of her..she also got the bronze medal...congratutations to Joannie Rochette and my prayers go out to her and her family...In the overall medal count U.S.A came first with a total of 37..the Germany with 30 and CANADA came third with a total of 26 medals! but CANADA came first with having the most gold medals of all the countries! Now the winter Olympics r over..and its always a sad time for me...2 weeks went by so fast...but still...GO CANADA GO!


Men's Canada Hocky team with their gold medals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment